Last Friday, I moved into the new place. I am normally really organized when it comes to moving but this time - not at all. We moved the big stuff, but I have had to make several trips with the Jeep for days after, for the smaller, "I'm not sure what to do with this" type stuff, and the "I don't want this, do you? no? well what are we going to do with it?" type stuff.
Saturday I bagged my two-hour ride. It was a smart decision being as I was simply exhausted and sore from moving the day before and really just mentally needed the down time to organize and, well ... think. Fun times Saturday night at the Stewart's in celebration of Ty and Darcey!! I always look forward to events at their house - they are true foodies and this time it was a plethora of desserts with dessert wine pairings. YUM-O!!
Sunday ... oh yeah, another busy day of workouts, time spent at the house, and then some quality time chillin' with my girls - Michelle and Aubs. Miss you Michelle!!!
So ... despite all the chaos, it was a fun weekend for sure!! This week... a whole other story. Blur...
Ripped from Facebook - actual shot from The Uptown show during 1901 encore
THE highlight of the week - PHOENIX concert!!! I left work early, got in my swim, ran home, showered and met Aubs and Adam for the show. It did not disappoint and they played a perfect set - only 1.5 hours long which is just enough for this old lady and I was in bed by 11.
So I made it through the week. The house will close today so ... that's done. Tough stuff.
BUT ... this weekend!!! Hooray for weekends! I am RACING on Sunday and it's a big one. Well, big one for ME. It's only a little 4-mile foot race but I have set an ambitious goal and I'm ready to GET IT DONE!! Also have set aside a little "me" time and some time to simply unpack and unwind. MUCH NEEDED!!! Next week is taper week in prep for next weekend .... FIRST TRI of the season!! (Oh and wedding the night before.)
Sigh. Exhale. Smile. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment