Yesterday was definitely one for the record books and was full of memories that will be forever burned into the Book of Flossy.
First of all, the weather this weekend has been fabulous! Sunny and highs in the 70s. Saturday morning started out with the roofers showing up at 7:30 am (new roof for the new home owners - lucky them!) and then on to the cable company to where we had to appear IN PERSON to make changes to the account. I know, you're hooked on this story, right?
So after all the chores were out of the way, time for a run! Strong south wind but I didn't mind - it was a beautiful spring day on the Trolley Trail with the Redbud, Forsythia, and Crabapples in full bloom.
Done with the run, quick shower and then on to ... POLE DANCING!!!
Oh yes, pole dancing. My friend and teammate celebrated a milestone birthday this week and invited us to take a class with her down at Poleworx in the West Bottoms. I was in because, honestly, I have driven past this place before and had heard stories of friends who took the class ... AND I have had a secret curiosity to learn how to swing my legs up over my head and slide down a pole. HA! HA!
It was fun - lots of laughs for sure! How did I do? Well, let's just say I may have the strength but I am totally lacking in the coordination and grace departments. My legs, hips and thighs have a lovely tie-die pattern to them with all of the bruises I acquired!! There were photos taken, but don't expect to see them here OR on Facebook.
Leaving the bottoms and headed back home to pick up the bike for an easy pedal over to West Plaza for Kim's birthday FRY PARTY!!!
What is a fry party, you ask? Well, apparently, you get a bunch of people together and deep-fat fry a bunch of stuff. Besides the traditional egg rolls, mozzarella sticks, and onion rings, they fried a turkey, hot dogs wrapped in bacon, pizza, BUTTER, okra, pickles, olives stuffed with blue cheese, PEANUT BUTTER AND JELLY SANDWICHES!!!, reese's pb cups, bananas (to die for!), and, thanks to Adam, a Clif Bar. Nothing but fried, processed food. I ate slowly and little bites knowing that I would probably end up feeling like poo on Sunday. After we left, I heard (and later saw photos on FB) that they fried a baseball cap. I'd say we left the party at the right time.
Departed the fat fest on the bike with an easy roll through the Plaza and Plaza traffic which included PROM traffic. Oh brother. Great people watching for sure. Quick stop at Adam's and then homeward bound where I crashed on to the couch and didn't move for an hour.
Good times for sure with great people ... but my arms and legs AND STOMACH can't take this kind of fun everyday. Just makes you appreciate it even more.
OMG yes pole dancing is quite a workout (there are a lot of places here that do it for fitness) but the bruising...*sigh* Hope you are recovered from your epic day!
ReplyDeleteumm, where in the world are the pictures that are suppose to go with this post. I was ready to see you pole dancing!!!!
ReplyDeleteUmmmm...I hurt worse today than I did yesterday...I have a new found respect for strippers!
ReplyDeleteStarted laughing my booty off in the car while I was reading your update in Training Peaks. I said to Chris "here's a new one 'sore from pole dancing.'" Thank you Flossie for making my day.
ReplyDelete