The last few months have been stressful. That seems like an understatement - they've been down right chaotic and I've been going just a little bit crazy. However, the good news is that this time, I really feel like things are starting to settle down and return to "normal".
Work has been a monster - events every week with far too many people to try to please and we're talking about doctors and hospital administrators!!! Political nightmare. Thankfully, our event planner is back from maternity leave (I MISSED YOU SO MUCH VIK!) and some of the stress I felt has been lifted.
I've been crossing off projects and deadlines every day and - good news - I don't have any new projects on the immediate horizon, so things have been getting better every day.
This weekend I actually found some time to chill. Friday night, Paul rode down to First Fridays (monthly art-gallery-district-event-thingy) and I stayed home. Perfect. I had the house to myself, beer in the fridge and a movie I had DVR'd. Got to bed at a decent time and slept really well.
Saturday could not have been more perfect - easy run in cool temps with light rain, finally pulled the 5-foot high weeds that were growing along the fence line, showered and then...NOTHING! While Paul rode the Smithville trails, I grabbed a book and sat on the porch for 2 hours. I didn't crack the spine - just sat there staring off into space then grabbed the phone and called my Michelles (Michelle M. and Michele G.). It was good to catch up with my girls. Then I went to the store and picked up fixin's for a BBQ - mango guacamole and brownies. CHILL! Two "summer beers" later (beer, lemonade and vodka) and I was a noodle.
Today plans to be more of the same...hard as hell brick (but it's short) and then - NOTHING.
I need this. I deserve this. My mind has been a mess lately and this easy-breezy weekend came just in time. I even have time to think about my race plan for next weekend!! AND I'm actually looking forward to racing for once this year!
Looking ahead, I'm headed to NYC for vacation and I CAN NOT WAIT. Five days of fun and culture and NO WORKOUTS! Okay, I'm taking the running shoes but no swimming and no biking - okay, I'll miss the biking.
Ahhhh...
Work has been a monster - events every week with far too many people to try to please and we're talking about doctors and hospital administrators!!! Political nightmare. Thankfully, our event planner is back from maternity leave (I MISSED YOU SO MUCH VIK!) and some of the stress I felt has been lifted.
I've been crossing off projects and deadlines every day and - good news - I don't have any new projects on the immediate horizon, so things have been getting better every day.
This weekend I actually found some time to chill. Friday night, Paul rode down to First Fridays (monthly art-gallery-district-event-thingy) and I stayed home. Perfect. I had the house to myself, beer in the fridge and a movie I had DVR'd. Got to bed at a decent time and slept really well.
Saturday could not have been more perfect - easy run in cool temps with light rain, finally pulled the 5-foot high weeds that were growing along the fence line, showered and then...NOTHING! While Paul rode the Smithville trails, I grabbed a book and sat on the porch for 2 hours. I didn't crack the spine - just sat there staring off into space then grabbed the phone and called my Michelles (Michelle M. and Michele G.). It was good to catch up with my girls. Then I went to the store and picked up fixin's for a BBQ - mango guacamole and brownies. CHILL! Two "summer beers" later (beer, lemonade and vodka) and I was a noodle.
Today plans to be more of the same...hard as hell brick (but it's short) and then - NOTHING.
I need this. I deserve this. My mind has been a mess lately and this easy-breezy weekend came just in time. I even have time to think about my race plan for next weekend!! AND I'm actually looking forward to racing for once this year!
Looking ahead, I'm headed to NYC for vacation and I CAN NOT WAIT. Five days of fun and culture and NO WORKOUTS! Okay, I'm taking the running shoes but no swimming and no biking - okay, I'll miss the biking.
Ahhhh...
oh sister, I am so happy you had a easy weekend, you are right, you deserve it!!! I am so jealous that you get to go to NYC!!!!
ReplyDeleteYes, we are both racing! Good luck to you as well! It sounds like you have made proper use of your taper :)
ReplyDeleteAndrea don't sweat the small stuff and when it gets too big remember we are all composed of the same molecules.
ReplyDeleteI'll never be able to say your name with a KS accent... every time I say your name I revert back to your corrective instruction.
Sorry not being a troll just being happy to find old friends nothing more. Done with the Facebook marketing experiment and hope you guys see it as the full page advertisement for what is. Just go pure google or make a website. Then you don't have to worry about who is your friend, has time to chat, etc.
Find simple. A blank canvas. Then everything will always be new and amazing in this world. Kinda like that moment in time when you know your body is running, biking or swimming and it is zen.
Good to find you. Stop calling people mouth breathers. :)