
I'm super excited to be a part of the KCOI/Boulevard women's team this year!
I met Teri, Darcey, Sarah and Jennifer years ago (2006??) when I was training for my first century. It just so happened that I showed up on the Wednesday night "welcome ride" that was part of their weekly training. Darcey used to joke about it being a welcome ride - "welcome to an ass kickin'" is what she would say.
Teri tells the story of the time that she had just convinced me to do my very road race - not three minutes later, she and I crashed and I was out for the rest of the summer.
My cycling speed has since improved and I'm even considering doing some cycling races this summer - TTs or maybe a crit or two. Of course, still saying with the tris and MAYBE CX this fall (Paul is convinced I will hate it because it's wet, cold and muddy and I'm not used to riding a bike that weighs more than 20 lbs.).
I'm excited to represent the team and be a part of this fast group of ladies! Oh, and you can support the team too by drinking lots and lots of Boulevard beer!!
No comments:
Post a Comment