Wednesday, October 27, 2010

So close, I can almost taste it!

As in the the salty-sweat, the snotty-nose, and the chlorine smell that just doesn't wash off in the shower.

FOUR DAYS TO 2011 RACE SEASON!!!

Well, technically, it's five because I asked for Monday's off this year. (DOH!! I have to wait ONE MORE DAY???)

I logged into Training Peaks yesterday (about 40 times) - are they there yet? Are they there yet? My workouts. Around 3 pm CST they were completely posted. Two full weeks of simple, get back to the routine, kinda stuff. Honestly, I think some of that simple, easy-no-HRM work is going to hurt more than I think it will. I even saw a comment for week #2 that says, "drills are like eating your vegetables" (or something to that effect). So true, so true.

AND ... BIG NEWS that I'm just so darned excited about it, I just can't contain myself!!! Come March, I'm heading to Tucson, AZ for a train-cation! That's training vacation, in case you aren't up on my make believe vocabulary. Best idea I've had in years! And I don't care if it takes me TWO HOURS to climb Mt. Lemmon - Imma gonna do it!!! AND LOVE IT because it will be in the mid-70s and (hopefully) sunny!!! And I don't care that I'm going to blow all of my savings on this trip or rack up a huge credit card debt because I DESERVE THIS and I didn't go anywhere for vacation (remember Stay-cation 2010?) this year ... or even last ... or the year before that.

Oh my goodness! I can almost feel my legs climbing the podium steps at that "A" race, right now. Yeah, I just said that! So? Wanna make something of it? Key word for 2011 is CONFIDENCE.

YEUH!

3 comments:

  1. Woohoo!!!! I'm looking forward to getting back to training basics too.

    And...depending on when you go to AZ in March, we should try to hook up! I'm always there for at least a week during baseball spring training!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My key words for 2011--focus and dedicate. I wish I could go to tri camp, but alas, I'm more poor than you. :( The new season already rocks!

    ReplyDelete