Okay, so the last couple of days have been rainy, dreary and a little on the chilly side but I have a spring in my step! This morning while I was eating breakfast and looking out the window, I spied a Robin on the deck singing his happy little spring-time song and it made my day! Then, as I was taking out the trash (a dreaded chore), I noticed the spouts of the daylilies and hostas poking out of the ground. SPRING IS ALMOST HERE! And with Daylight Savings this Sunday - well, I can hardly just contain myself!!!
Tee hee!
Lots and lots of changes are taking shape in my life and if I can keep myself in check and not fall victim to self-sabotage, I should be sittin' pretty for the 2010 race season. The biggest positive that comes to mind, especially in the last couple weeks is my nutrition. Last week, without really even attempting it, or setting any sort of goal - I ate clean and healthy all week long! AND did not have a drop of alcohol all week (the weekend is another story all together). This week is even better - I purposefully made meals that were full of healthy ingredients and again, NO ALCOHOL! The crazy thing is - I don't even miss it! I'm not even craving it!!! I might even be able to get through this entire weekend without a drink!!
I know - THIS IS HUGE!!
Lots and lots of other things on the horizon for spring. My social calendar is filling up as well - but I'm keeping it balanced. A birthday party, a run with a friend, a fun 5K with co-workers, wedding shower, Phoenix concert, whew!
First race is May 2 - TriZou in Columbia, MO. That is also the day after my teammates' wedding on May 1. I am looking forward to both, obviously, but it will be SO hard to call it an early night and go back to the hotel to rest and get ready for the race while everyone is partying it up. NO SELF-SABOTAGE here! I will be prepared! I will visualize how I will say NO! to temptation (no to beer and wine, YES to cake!!!).
Training is still going well this week. The workouts look harder on paper and I'm actually a little surprised to find that I am able to complete them perfectly. Oh sure - they are still tough, but I guess what I am saying is that, I didn't know I could do THAT NOW. Ya know? Of course, my runs are still slow but they are getting there and I feel confident and happy.
And, shhh.... little secret.... come closer....
I actually have accomplished one of the goals I set for the year already. I moved up a lane at masters! It is awesome and sucks at the same time. It was kinda scary to make that move and it hurts SO BAD - just like it did when I first started going to masters two years ago. I always leave completely fried! But I'm there and will work like hell to stay there.
More exciting things to come in the next few months - but I don't want to give it all away now. Stay tuned!!!
Well Done!! Keep up the good work and enjoy the soon to come nicer weather!
ReplyDeleteWay to go... great control! Sounds like you're having fun.
ReplyDeleteLove the blog layout.
ps... where are you moving? Congrats on selling your house
~Ashley Long
Thanks Samantha and Ashley!
ReplyDelete@ Ash - Stay tuned ... I'm going to blog about it this weekend. Exciting changes for the year!