Tuesday, March 9, 2010

March Update

Since I've been healthy, training has been going really well and I couldn't be happier. Just buzzing along doing the work, hitting the numbers (watts, send-offs, etc.) and getting ready for the season.

I had a minor set back this weekend - I was just so tired! Once again, I have to blame self-sabotage as I went out with friends and had too much fun!! I'm also suffering from a bit of sleep-deprevation the past couple of weeks. I can get to sleep just fine - but I wake up two or three times a night!!! Ugh! So frustrating!! I tried warm milk, hot baths, herbal tea - nothing is working. If anyone has any suggestions, please let me know.

What else? Um ... I have registered for ALL of this years tris and saved a bunch by not doing anything too far away or longer than Olympic distance. Okay, Hy-Vee was the most expensive at $125 but I expected that. Kinda.

The weather here in the Midwest has taken a positive turn and spring is just 14 days away!! Hopefully we have seen the last of the snow and highs in the 30s. Knock on wood though - it has been known to snow here in April. Even though the weather has been lovely (sunny and 64 yesterday!) I have not ridden outside since November!! It is going to be a rude awakening when I do, I'm sure.

I'm trying out some new recipes from this awesome blog - but $11.99 for coconut butter?? I hope it has a long shelf life!!

That's about all. Hope your training/racing is going well!!!

1 comment:

  1. No secrets for sleep but I will wish you no more snow or rain! I ran GOSTL last yr and it rained the entire race. UUGHHH, prefer the warm weather out west any day. :))

    Good luck in all your tri's, I'm sure you'll be brilliant!

    ReplyDelete