Friday, February 26, 2010

Back at It!

I can't believe that it has been almost an entire month since I blogged last. Granted, February is a short month, but still!

Where have I been and what have I been up to? Well, for most of the month I was here:

The Den of Sick

Yes, this is the "Den of Sick". Notice the extra box of tissues on the floor, and the one on the nightstand. There's also a juice box and a cup of tea ... and the quintessential trash basket full of germs... oh, and just for EB, the Snuggie - folded up on the lower shelf ready for action should I take leave of the bed for the couch.

I was sick. Almost on my death bed sick. Well, not really, but it sure felt that way. And it SUCKED! Mostly because I could not sleep because I could not breathe!! And then I couldn't sleep because of all of the drama in my life - which then made me more sick due to all the stress. Bitches.

BUT... I am better now and back at it this week - back at work, back at training and ready to face the challenges ahead. This week's training schedule was easy and light but I still turned to sucking on the inhaler in order to get through that easy 45 min. treadmill run, and hacked up a giant loogy in the pool on Wednesday, and could not, for the now-healthy-life-of-me, hit the high cadence rpms during yesterdays spin. Thank God I did not have watts to hit - I would have been a goner. All part of coming back from an illness and SEVEN WHOLE DAYS OFF FROM TRAINING, I guess.

Next week looks good. As in painful. I'm so ready to tackle it. Sunday is 25 min. run in Zone 3 with 1:45 on the TRAINER with some high watts that say "JUST TRY" after it!!! Thank goodness I just placed that order for more CarboPro with TriSports.com today. I am so going to need it on Sunday.

2 comments:

  1. sssooooo... after trying to convince Liz to come to KC and take part in a pregnant triathlon relay with Julie and myself, I have decided that since she doesn't find us worthy of driving 9 hours to see, you should just get pregnant and participate instead.

    No?

    Okay, well thought I'd ask.

    Happy training!

    PS
    Rock the parkway??

    ReplyDelete
  2. NO WAY!! Not getting pregnant!!! Uh-uh.

    BUT I am doing Rock the Parkway 5k. See you out there, Court.

    ReplyDelete