Ha! Ha! Ha!
"Long run" and "gym" don't usually mix, but I got it done. X minutes on the mill, X on the indoor track, X on the mill again. Done.
Not too bad ... except I FORGOT TO PACK SOCKS! Hmmm, okay. Guess I'll just go without because I have this:
What? You didn't know that chapstick is good blister protection? I'm guessing no one at the gym did either as they watched this sweaty girl take off her shoes and apply CHAPSTICK to the hot spots. Yeah, I still got blisters anyway, but my shoes smell like cloves now.
What else got me through a PAINFUL long run at the gym? Ol' trusty iPod! I haven't been running with it lately, mostly because I really need to download some new tunes, but also because it's probably safer NOT to wear it when I'm running in the pitch dark.
Blast back to high school, circa 1994(ish) ...
My reward for all this hard work? Pizza, ice cream, and the sweetest card from RDJr. He is my #1 cheerleader! I am a lucky lady!!
Please tell us that chapstick is now retired... :)
ReplyDelete