Thursday, May 20, 2010

Caliente!

There is a reason I haven't blogged in two weeks - I'M ON FIRE!

But in all honesty, it really has been another whirlwind of activity. Last weekend Teri and I drove out to Auburn/Nowhere, Kansas for a little 20k TT. It rained the entire time, and Teri, who simply does not ride in the rain, decided not to race. Great course - straight out and back on smooth roads and gentle rollers. I came in 2nd Women Cat 4 - not that there was a lot of competition, but I wasn't really going to "compete", just wanted to see what I could do. Averaged 20.2 mph which is my best to date!! No, it's NOT fast, but it's PROGRESS!! And, if you haven't caught on by now, that is the key word for 2010 - PROGRESS. That and "Flossie".

Sunday's workout was brutal! Okay, on paper it didn't look bad, but my legs were still blown from the TT and I cut my run short. The little voice in my head said, "legs feel like poo ... I should cut this short ... Liz would agree ... easy run for recovery ... I'm tired". WRONG. Logged this into TP and the next day got a message from El Jefe that I should have stuck it out. Oops.

This week is taper week, but it doesn't feel like it. I'm beat!! Oh wait ... I always feel this way during taper week. It's normal. Just fight through it and get the work done.

Tuesday night was high school reunion night in Oooo-Lathe! It was great to see Sean, Megan and meet her husband Karl. Sean and I have been keeping in touch off and on for the past year, but I haven't seen Meg in 11 years!!! She's the same - lovely, charming and cute as a button. Laughed our asses off!! Good people.

Last night - Wednesday night torture/power intervals on the trainer/sweat fest!! followed by a 15 minute run in the rain, followed by a quick shower, followed by some much needed chill time with Martini. I love that girl. Gossip, vegetarian stir-fry and Ben & Jerry's. Passed on the cocktails cuz it's taper week (smart move).

I can't believe it's already, um, Thursday? THREE DAYS AWAY FROM KC TRI!! Weather here has been cold and wet which means a VERY cold swim come Sunday EVEN THOUGH the low on Saturday night will be 70 and Sunday's high will be 86!! What the what?? 60s all week and then 80s this weekend? I'll take it. I would never survive living in the Northeast. Except for maybe Portland. I've heard they like their bikes up there.

Next week should be easier on the body and brain. Four days working, four days off, four days on. Gotta love summer holidays!

No comments:

Post a Comment