So anyway, I want to go on record and say that I am in love with Ellie Krieger. Or rather, her new cookbook, So Easy. Because she is a nutritionist all of the recipes are chock full of veggies, healthy grains, and FLAVOR! Plus, she splits up the chapters into "in a hurry" and "at ease" - so there is "dinner in a hurry" - meals that take less time to make, and "dinner at ease" - meals that you can make when you have more time, which for me only happens on Sunday night.
I also received, The Athlete's Plate for Christmas although I've only made one thing out of it - sweet potato, kale and chicken "risotto" which wasn't really risotto at all, just the cooking method is similar to risotto - adding warmed chicken stock to the potatoes a little at a time. The recipes in this book are UBER healthy but seem a little more complicated and are geared more toward summer foods.
I love reading other athlete's food blogs too! I have been stealing recipes from the Cotters, my blogger-friend JP, and Beth and James (who I don't know but think are a super cute couple and super FAST!).
Happy Eating!
No comments:
Post a Comment